Working from home was never an option for me as I’m not in a management position and my role never had this as an option. Until now!
With COVID 19 happening life has changed and now I’m working from home since mid March’20. It has been weeks and I’m actually surprised that I enjoy working from home so much more than I thought. I can enjoy my lunch breaks sometimes in my back garden and I cook more, eat more and exercise more.
But I also work harder.
As I’m not in the office I feel the commitment and a stronger will or maybe mental pressure to prove I archived something. I even made an excel doc to list each additional task just in case my boss asks: “Sabine, what have you been working on?”
But as business is as usual and luckily the cosmetic industry I work in and us as working from home individuals rising desire of more wellness in our day to day life, my days are busy. I feel stressed some days, eat too fast and my stomach hurts, it’s bloated. I also realised how dehydrated I am.
Facing a few challenges during lockdown, I thought I address one of them in this post. Hydration!
I drink a lot of coffee and don’t hydrate my body enough. I know and I’m working on it. The best way to change is mixing it up! Water of cause but you can make it more exciting adding in fresh ginger or fresh mint. Or even a fresh juice or smoothie if you can!
My favourite working from home recipe is just a simple juice. I got a juicer and always feel more energised afterwards.
Fresh loaded Vitamin boost goes like this:
- 2 carrots
- 2 apples (red for sweeter option)
- 1/2 beetroot
- 2cm ginger
- 1 orange squeezed in afterwards
My tips for a simple way to hydrate more:
- Spice up your water with fresh fruit infusion.
- Use a new fun water-bottle that is an eye candy sitting beside your computer.
- Refilling your bottle is a reason to stand up and leave your desk. Your lower back will thank you, too.
- During the day/morning have a fresh juice or a smoothie to get your Vitamins in.
- Make a list how many bottles of water you are able to dink during the day and compare over a week if you are able to increase.
- Set water bottle goals. Like 0.5l bottle: I aim to finish 4 a day.
I know my skin looks better when I manage to drink more water during the week. It’s the “just do it” attitude that sometimes gets lost in being caught up with something. Please put your health first!
I managed to drink more as I love to fill up my new gifted water bottle from SIGG. Thanks for reading and I hope you will look after yourself everyday.
PS: The text and images above are my own.